[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct 3D Windows VO

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:18:46 CET 2009

> great! whats next for vo_direct3d? maybe DXVA can be sponsored next :)
> http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/DXVASupport.html

Yap, I even thought about it, but right now I'm not quite interested
in this topic. I won't decline another fund offer, of course.

It's sufficient that now I can watch Battlestar Galactica and Lost on
my TV-out under Vista, which was the main driving force behind this
driver after all :)

The driver is still missing image equalization (I'm working on it),
direct rendering (not so useful???) and may be other things I'm not
aware about, but I can say it's pretty usable now. I'm waiting for bug
reports, although I consider it stable enough and the next SMPlayer
seems to have plans for making Direct3D the default video out on Vista
:)