[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct 3D Windows VO

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 13:51:05 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Olivier Chalouhi <olivier at vuze.com> wrote:
> Are there any plans for developing a direct 3d (vs directx) vo for
> windows.
> The current directx vo on Vista forces the compatibility mode and
> disables aero, which results in a degraded user experience. Moreover
> the current directx implementation will only work with the primary
> display.
>
> If anyone would have the capabilities of doing it (VLC has one, so it
> may be possible to base the mplayer's one on the implementation from
> VLC), please contact me back, as my company would be willing to pay
> for this development.
>
> Best,
>
> Olivier Chalouhi.

I just wanted to notify the community that Vuze lived up to their
promise and they really payed me for the driver. 3 months ago they
promised and few days ago they did it. Not that I wouldn't do it
without them, of course, but this came as a pleasant surprise to me!
If you ever happen to have some promise-based relationship with Vuze,
I want you to know that they are serious!

I'm really happy and thankful!