[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to play Real Video with MPlayer in ARM arch?

马牛 manioster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 13:16:25 CET 2009

This thread (http://groups.google.com/group/nextplayer/browse_thread/thread/9554de31161102e7/617e0675cd21615c?lnk=gst&q=rmvb#617e0675cd21615c) introduced a method to decode Real Video with the decoder that was developed by FFMPEG team not long ago. It seems that the source of this decoder is supplied in SVN of ffmpeg project(or the code I have seen is not the decoder. It's here http://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libavcodec/rv34.h?view=markup).

 I know that most decoders of MPlayer belong to FFMpeg project. But decoder in the form of .so (shared object) file can't be applied in Arm arch.Now, I think that I have the source code of the decoder. So, can I just compile this decoder with a cross compiler,then use MPlayer to play .rmvb/.rm files with this decoder in *Arm arch*.

 By the way, my Arm is i.MX31 of Freescale and OS is MontaVista Linux 2.6.