[MPlayer-dev-eng] Problem while overlaying image on video using bmovl

Mohan mohan.devanoor at valuelabs.net
Fri Feb 13 13:59:35 CET 2009

Hello,

I have gone through various options to overlay images (play/pause gif files
) on video and found that -vf bmovl is the solution. But I am facing
problems to execute it.

Steps followed

1. mkfifo testPipe

2. mplayer -vf bmovl=0:0:testPipe xyz.avi

3. while the video is playing, opened an other terminal and run the
following command

   echo "RGBA32 100 50 0 0 0 0" > / testPipe && cat /jpgtest.JPG > /
testPipe && echo "SHOW" > / testPipe

When step 3 is completed, video got stuck and I am unable to perform
anything on the video .i have to force fully kill the mplayer to continue.

Can any one help me in this regard.

Regards,

Mohan.