[MPlayer-dev-eng] Ordered chapters for Matroska.

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Feb 10 05:52:57 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 22:18 -0500, Eric Appleman wrote:
> I've noticed that there are quite a few patches and builds floating
> around making MPlayer work with ordered chapters. It is my understanding
> that this topic has been discussed before, but perhaps it is worth
> another look with respect to the upcoming release.

Nearly all the changes there are to FFmpeg, not MPlayer. The relevant
list for those is ffmpeg-dev. They have been discussed there before.
It's quite unlikely that ordered chapters will be supported in the
release. And generally it's late to start asking for any completely new
features to be added before the release.

I have some code done for a better implementation that exports the
timeline information from the demuxer to a higher level and then handles
that with more general edit list functionality which supports splicing
parts from different files. Hopefully that will be added to the git tree
at some point.