[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D vo image equalizer question

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:15:49 CET 2009

Hi,

I want to implement brightness/contrast/hue/etc. for direct3d vo. I
was naive enough to believe that there's Direct3D API which operates
on a surface and changes those properties, but I seem to be wrong. I
guess that I should write a pixel shared to do the work, but do you
have any better ideas? For example I took a look in vo_gl.c to see
what it's doing. It creates something called custom fragment, which I
believe is an equivalent of a pixel shader code in D3D. I think that
the needed transformations are not performed on the CPU (which would
be pretty pointless since we have eq filter already), but isn't there
a way to accomplish this somewhat easier? May be this is not the right
place to ask, so I won't mind if nobody has a good idea. I'll continue
to investigate.