[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] mencoder broken on a 1080i h264 ts stream that MPlayer can play

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Feb 4 19:27:51 CET 2009

Jason Tackaberry <tack <at> urandom.ca> writes:

> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 17:28 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > I believe this is a duplicate of ffmpeg issue 475.
>
> Even though MPlayer plays the clip fine with -demuxer lavf?

That is due to -correct-pts enabled by default for -demuxer lavf, but it doesn't
work for mencoder. (Just guessing, you have to test with -demuxer lavf
-nocorrect-pts)

> > Please note that this is not mplayer-bugreport
>
> Indeed.  Apologies, then.  I seem to recall that once upon a time bug
> reports were accepted here.

Possibly, but only new ones;-)
(Note that the sample in issue 475 is very helpful, the last time somebody was
reporting this bug, a nearly still sample where it was impossible to see the
sync problems was submitted.)

Carl Eugen