[MPlayer-dev-eng] Latest SVN doesn' compile on MinGW

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 22:41:50 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 10:17:46AM +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
>> Ok, I understand now. I won't complain about non-compiling svn tree
>> again, because it's expected to not compile from time to time by
>> design (I didn't know that).
>
> No, the tree should always compile!  Sometimes it fails because we are
> just humans and make mistakes like Reimar just did when he accidentally
> forgot to commit the changes he had made to one file.
>
> Also, you happen to run MinGW, while most other developers run Linux.
> There are subtle differences between systems.  These may cause the build
> to fail on MinGW while it works perfectly on Linux.  If you do not
> report problems, they will never be noticed and fixed.

Well, then I'll try to shrink my reports to things that are related to
MinGW. If a general compile problem stays for a while (1-2-3 days) and
gets unnoticed, I'll let you know, because it may be MinGW related.
I'll try to find the cause sometimes, but I'm doing MPlayer
development for fun when I have time and because I don't have much
free time, I'll try to focus on my driver - that's what brings joy for
me :)