[MPlayer-dev-eng] release alongside FFmpeg

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Mon Feb 2 13:23:03 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 1:23 PM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:22:17 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>It's high time for a release, so why not release alongside FFmpeg,
>>i.e. on the very same day?
>>
>>Distros will love us for it, it will allow them to combine MPlayer
>>with the FFmpeg release package without ill effects.
>
> can we get vdpau in there before the release?

I'd suggest to put it in.
It'll be used by many distros considering that nVidia proprietary
driver is widely used on Linux.
Considering MPlayer release cycle (one every 2y), I think this VO
deserves to be included before release.

> or would it cause too many bugreports?

The more bugs are reported, the more they get a chance to be fixed.

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama