[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer SVN r30103 tested OK with LML26415 / MG1264 H264 streams

Vassili Leonov vleo at linuxmedialabs.com
Thu Dec 24 20:29:36 CET 2009

I've found yesterday that current SVN verson of mplayer, built with
internal libavcodec library, is playing pack LML26415 / Mobilygen MG1264
interlaced H264 streams fine.

Aalthough it starts with complaing about subtitles and then gives lot's
of error messages of this kind:

[h264 @ 0x894c300]non-existing SPS 31 referenced in buffering period

781 messages for 30 sec of PAL D1 at 25 frames/sec, 50 fields/sec i.e.
at least one error message per frame, which seems a little excessive.

Here are the LML26415 streams samples:

this is CIF, plays fine (as before):
http://www.linuxmedialabs.com/LMLCD/MG1264samples/DVDCIF_500k_50GOP.mp4

this is D1 plays fine (with errors on stdout)
http://www.linuxmedialabs.com/LMLCD/MG1264samples/LML26415_D1_PAL.mp4

I wonder if anybody may have an idea if these streams broken or was
decoder broken?

And of course I would BEG to keep whatever changes that resulted in this
success in the source tree :-) So far I did not investigate which
particular patch, which version of livavcodec or maybe something in
mplayer? resulted in this improvment. If anybody may have an idea I
would appreciate greately.

--
Vassili Leonov