[MPlayer-dev-eng] Cleaning up incoming

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Dec 20 15:11:11 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 02:38:43PM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 13:10 +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 20:37:10 +0100
> > Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > > 1) incoming could be on a smaller partition, forcing us to clean up before
> > > we have such a huge mess
> > > 2) sorting things into samples would actually have a real visible benefit:
> > > making space in incoming.
> >
> > Good idea. I'll do that after the clean up.
>
> I'm against that. Making the partition smaller to intentionally cause
> out-of-space problems is just that - intentionally and unnecessarily
> causing problems where none existed before.

No, it solves the problems of people leaving (possibly important) samples
in incoming until nobody knows anymore what they were there for and why.
In that respect, maybe we could somehow suggest that when files are uploaded
on some developer's request his name is included in the file name, this
should make it easier to nudge the appropriate person (who may simply
have forgotten about it).