[MPlayer-dev-eng] Cleaning up incoming

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Dec 20 13:09:33 CET 2009

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:46:50 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Attila Kinali <attila <at> kinali.ch> writes:
>
> > It looks like that there will be no consens on how to clean up
> > incoming which everyone likes. Which results in incoming getting
> > a bigger and bigger mess every day.
> >
> > So, i propose the following:
> > I'll have some free time over christmas and new year and will clean
> > up incoming to my liking, unless someone steps up and actually does
> > something about the mess there.
>
> Could you explain your requirements?

Currently, incoming is an 11GB mess of files of which noone knows
whether they are still needed for an open bugreport, whether
they belong to a PEBCAK bug and thus could be deleted, whether
they are an important sample and should be retained, etc pp.

I'm basically unqualified to sort these samples, as i'm out of
touch with development for years. Hence i've asked many times
that someone should take a look at those files and sort them
accordingly. Not much has happend and those who tried, have
been blocked by others with concerns that can be summed up
to "i cannot find my files anymore, if you move them"

> I believe I understand Michael's requirements well, and personally, I think that
> all links mentioned on roundup (or the mailing lists) should be either kept or
> corrected on roundup/the mailing list.

That would mean that we would have to modify the mailinglist archives
and the roundup db. Both are not feasible.

> Would you give me a chance to help?

Ofcourse. I give anyone a chance to help who wants to.

			Attila Kinali

--
Moslems sind hier nicht erwünscht!
		-- Das Schweizer Volk