[MPlayer-dev-eng] Cleaning up incoming

Kostya kostya.shishkov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:34:28 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:36:12AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin,
>
> It looks like that there will be no consens on how to clean up
> incoming which everyone likes. Which results in incoming getting
> a bigger and bigger mess every day.
>
> So, i propose the following:
> I'll have some free time over christmas and new year and will clean
> up incoming to my liking, unless someone steps up and actually does
> something about the mess there.
>
> And please do not come later and complain that you cannot find anything
> anymore, as i've given everyone plenty of oppurtunity to do something.
> But beside Ivo and Compn, everyone just complained that they cannot
> find anything if we clean up, without presenting any viable solution
> at all.

I suspect that most space is taken by MPEG streams (.mpg, .ts, .mp4),
so ask maintainers (Baptiste Coudurier, Måns Rullgård and Nico Sabbi
IIRC) what samples they need and ruthlessly delete others. A common rule
in psychology - if you want something to be done, ask certain person,
not just cry for somebody to help.

BTW, I'd like to have RM(VB) samples moved from incoming into
samples/real/VC-xxxx, they are useful for testing.