[MPlayer-dev-eng] First post

Michael Adams linux_mike at paradise.net.nz
Tue Dec 8 05:31:48 CET 2009

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 22:52:17 -0500
Came this utterance formulated by compn to my mailbox:

> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:59:23 +1300, Michael Adams wrote:
> >
> >Introducing myself... Hi, I'm Michael.
> >
> >I'd like to open discussions with a guru of the music playlist code.
> >On or off list.
>
> our streaming guru has been too busy for mplayer development as of
> late. if you have a patch, post it and it will be reviewed. if you
> have an idea, it might be considered. if you have a question, it may
> be answered.

Idea is simple actually. Sort of a social network equivalent for
parties, meetings of friends, even cars. It involves hardware and
software. The hardware is little more than a computer with many front
mounted USB ports. The software is a music program that has a "live
playlist" - one that updates as USB sticks (or MP3 players) are plugged
into the appliance. It would also allow filter selection by genre so
that rave music, pop, or easy listening could be chosen as the occasion
required. The more people at the get together, the greater the number of
MP3 players, the more music there is to choose from randomly.

I'd have raised it as a feature request but i found no such section on
the website. My programming ability never progressed past BASIC on the
Amiga so i'd like to see if anyone else could get enthused about the
idea.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416