[MPlayer-dev-eng] lavf demuxer and video pts

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Dec 3 14:37:27 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 07:28:21PM +0100, Dan Oscarsson wrote:
> >>From what I can find out, an .avi file do not contain pts values so they
> are generated by the demuxer.
>
> So in a .avi file I would expect video and audio stream to start at pts
> value zero.
>
> Using normal mplayer demuxer audio pts starts at 0, and video pts for
> first frame is 0.
>
> Using demuxer lavf, audio pts starts at 0, and video pts for first frame
> is 1/fps.
>
> Why is lavf marking first frame with pts of what I would expect second
> frame would have? Is the lavf demuxer skipping the first frame or is it
> a bug?
>
> It doesn't look right to me.

If you think theres a bug in lavf (and assuming of course you do understand
frame reordering, and the differences betweem dts and pts) then please
submit a bugreport to ffmpegs bugtracker (with sample file and all that is
needed to reproduce)

[...]

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."