[MPlayer-dev-eng] ALSA issue, r29549 fix seems incomplete

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Dec 1 20:00:12 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 19:20 +0100, Sylvain Bertrand wrote:
> I have a 5.1 USB Audio device. I have a custom /etc/asound.conf that
> dmixes the surround51 device (plug->route->dmix->hw).
> Sound comes from a ac3 (a52 decoded) track extracted from a mkv container.
> I get right at file start states in the libao2 alsa play function
> where there are "len" bytes to play which is less than the
> "ao_data.outburst" buffer size and are not part of a
> "AOPLAY_FINAL_CHUNK" chunk.
> My understanding of mplayer internals/alsa is limited, so the issue
> may be quite worse. On my system, it works.

That some lengths are rounded to 0 does not in itself imply a problem.
So your post does not explicitly identify any problem that would need
fixing. Is the issue that _all_ calls are rounded to 0, and as a result
no sound plays? If so then the question is what audio parameters trigger
such behavior and how you end up with such values.