[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Support for 8 channel audio

Jason Tackaberry tack at urandom.ca
Wed Aug 19 15:36:40 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 08:04 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> [...]

Gah, I ended up attaching the updated patch to the wrong thread.

Well, instead of spamming the list with another copy of the same patch,
just follow up to this thread if there are any comments.

> About OpenAL, I maintain it so I'll try to have a look at it after this
> is in, can you give me an idea of what the speaker positions for a 8
> channel layout are (ao_openal uses OpenAL in a somewhat strange way).

The typical configuration is: left front, right front, center, side
left, side right, rear left, rear right.

See http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/129025.jpg

Hope that helps,
Jason.