[MPlayer-dev-eng] [libass] Ignore PlayResX/Y aspect ratio for font aspect ratio.

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Aug 19 02:32:12 CEST 2009

Hi.

I recently noticed that a lot of my subtitles for anamorphic encodings of
DVB recordings, which used to look fine, now look horizontally stretched.

I bissected the revisions and tracked back the change to this commit:

# r28814 | greg | 2009-03-05 21:05:56 +0100 (Thu, 05 Mar 2009) | 1 line
#
# Ignore PlayResX/Y aspect ratio for font aspect ratio.

What is the reason of this change? I may be mistaken, but it seems deeply
wrong to mm.

For example, the width of the font is not the same with vo=xv and vo=gl,
because xv renders the subtitles at the resolution of the video (anamorphic,
PAR=64/45) while gl renders the subtitles at the screen resolution (PAR=1).
IMHO, this should not be.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George