[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Support for 8 channel audio

Jason Tackaberry tack at urandom.ca
Tue Aug 11 04:55:47 CEST 2009

Hello,

Attached is my first (serious) attempt at adding support for 8 channel
(7.1) audio to MPlayer.  The patch assumes my earlier channel layout
patch (which also requires review) has been applied.

I'm soliciting feedback for those so inclined.

I've verified it with pcm, faad, ffaac, tremor, ffvorbis, and ffflac.  I
tested all the audio filters, and at least those that work with 6
channel content also seem to work with 8 channels.  The internal
libfaad2 doesn't support 8 channel encoding, and therefore ae_faad won't
accept such content.

Only those channel reorderings that are actually being used have been
implemented.

Cheers,
Jason.