[MPlayer-dev-eng] Question about cross-reporting bugs

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 17:23:51 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have a quick question about bug reporting etiquette. I have a file
that produces the same playback errors on both ffmpeg and mplayer
(SVN). I filed a bug report with ffmpeg. If you're interested, it's
here:

https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue987

Since I would really like to be able to play this file in mplayer
also, I was wondering whether I should also file this as a bug with
mplayer now, or wait until the ffmpeg guys resolve it and try to get
their fix (if any) incorporated into mplayer at that point.

I know there is some level of interaction between the ffmpeg and
mplayer teams (sample files for this bug are already on the MPlayer
FTP server) but I want to follow the proper protocol. Advice?

Thanks!

Christopher