[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer on opensolaris

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Fri Apr 10 09:48:17 CEST 2009

Hi Diego,

Diego Biurrun píše v čt 09. 04. 2009 v 17:53 +0200:
> On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 04:40:58PM +0200, Michael Bonfils wrote:
> >
> > I've managed to compile mplayer on opensolaris 2008.11.
> > I've only updated configure because swab was incorrectly checked (look
> > at my patch)
>
> No, the check is correct, compare
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/swab.html
>
> The problem is in OpenSolaris, not MPlayer.

It is the same problem I wrote about in my MPlayer-1.0rc3 tests.
OpenSolaris (and Solaris) are strict around standards, so when you
require XPG6, then you cannot use non C99 compiler. And in configure
script -std=gnu99 is added to gcc parameters after swab() test. Probably
the best solution is to set gcc as C99 as soon as possible in configure
script (because it is used by building process).

> Diego

Best regards,

Milan