[MPlayer-dev-eng] 1.0rc3 release

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Wed Apr 8 07:42:53 CEST 2009

Hi Diego,

Diego Biurrun píše v st 08. 04. 2009 v 02:08 +0200:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 09:18:34PM +0200, Milan Jurik wrote:
> >
> > Diego Biurrun píše v út 31. 03. 2009 v 13:32 +0200:

> > > Thanks for the overwhelming feedback.  I have tested so far on x86_32
> > > (K6-III) and on my G4 under OS X 10.4 as well as x86_64 (Athlon 64).
> > >
> > > Reports from more platforms are still appreciated.
> >
> > OpenSolarix 2008.11 and Solaris Express (both some Intel Core 2 Duo
> > systems) with minor tweaks in configure script are working well for
> > basic tests.
>
> Which minor tweaks would that be?

On Solaris Express it is known issue that /bin/sh is not POSIX
complaint, so configure script and version.sh needs e.g. /bin/ksh93

Then there is usual problem with with "_XOPEN_SOURCE 600" vs. pre-C99 on
Solaris. In configure script gcc is running without -std=gnu99 and
because some minor incompatibilities between XPG6 and pre-C99 it is not
allowed to compile such combination -> configure script fails to detect
swab(). But during mplayer building gnu99 is used -> colision of
definitions. I will submit some patch later when I will have time to
find some optimal solution for all platforms (probably gnu99 should be
used for the most of configure, because it is used during building).

The last one is wrong position of "rpath replacement", it is too late in
script, so several -l options are replaced and also "-Wl,-R" is not what
you want (you want "-R" only). Again, I need to find some time and
understand why it is placed where it is and fix it.

--disable-xvr100 needed (XVR-100 autodetection is not working correctly,
no idea yet why)

> Diego

Best regards,

Milan