[MPlayer-dev-eng] H.264 hardware decoder support?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 7 23:49:34 CEST 2009

Alok Dandekar <alok.dandekar <at> habeyusa.com> writes:

> We have had a lot of interest in using the Mplayer on our system. Will your
> Mplayer software support an H.264 hardware decoder?

In case you choose to implement a VDPAU capable driver, support was already
added, Gwenole is currently working on VA API support (in case the information
on your website is wrong, and you are actually using Poulsbo, you should
probably contact him via pm/test his patches).

I would suggest to hardly try not to invent a new API;-)

Please note that your email footer is absolutely unacceptable on a public
mailing list, both content- and size wise.

Carl Eugen