[MPlayer-dev-eng] mpg123 / mp3lib 64bit SSE code

Thomas Orgis thomas-forum at orgis.org
Tue Apr 7 23:00:36 CEST 2009

Am Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:42:17 +0200
schrieb Kristian Jerpetjøn <kristian.jerpetjoen at gmail.com>:

> There was a question with respect to ALTIVEC ,
> So beeing a CELL Broadband Engine Fanboy I have to ask if something is
> beeing done on these parts with respect to SPE's ?

Well, we have the AltiVec code, yes, and Taihei is also improving that
(adding float output, recently). But to my knowledge there is no work on
SPEs... but, heck, you could ask that question on
mpg123-devel at lists.sourceforge.net . For sure I know that I do not have
the time -- or the hardware, for that matter. And, for such specific
optimization, you'd need some specific use case, I presume?
A PS3 as streaming hub decoding/mixing hundredts of MPEG audio streams
at once?

Alrighty then,

Thomas.