[MPlayer-dev-eng] 1.0rc3 release

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Apr 1 00:11:00 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 08:35:22PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Some regressions:
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/testsuite/msvc.avi no longer plays correctly:
> Unsupported PixelFormat 10

Fixed in development branch r29117.
But, only I-frames seem to decode directly, was that always the case or is
it a regression in libavcodec?

> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/sub/NeroMP4/unsupported-embedded-subs-2.mp4
> -demuxer mov works fine, but the default (lavf) won't detect any subtitles.

Can only be fixed in libavformat. On the plus side, only libavformat needs to
be changed, no changes in MPlayer sources are necessary.

> http://www.diatonis.com/downloads/diatonis_ac3_48k_soal.zip
> This used to play fine in 1.0rc1 times, but now it doesn't (misdetected
> as rawdv video.

Never had a native demuxer for that, so it is a libavformat issue.
If I had to guess, I'd say the problem probably is that the probe
function checks the AC3 CRC...
It does seem to work with -lavfdopts format=ac3 though.