[MPlayer-dev-eng] Announcing The Book of Wisdom

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Sep 24 09:43:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:50:55 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 06:26:04PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > The repo has currently only a skeleton for the book. The most important
> > file there is the README.authors, which was crafted by a crazy bunch
> > of people[3] who left a ongoing party to write the book outline. It contains
> > the basic idea behind BoW, who we want to target, who isn't in the target
> > audience, conventions for writing and what we thought should be in this book.
> > Ofcourse, all this is open to discussion.
>
> Probably a bit early to go into such details, but I saw
> "Graphics should be used in a vector format wherever possible"
> What do you think about tikz ? If the graphics are simple enough
> (or repetitive so you can program that) I rather liked it and for
> me results in less fiddling than e.g. xfig.

PGF/TikZ is on my list of things that probably should be used,
but until know i didn't had the time to realy try it out.
But from my experience with dpic/CircuitMacros[1] from J. D. Aplevich
i would recommend to use something that "programs" graphics
as it makes adjustments or graphics with a lot of repetitive
elements very easy.
And considering that Aplevich himself recomended me to try PGF...

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://www.ece.uwaterloo.ca/~aplevich/Circuit_macros/
--
A strange game.