[MPlayer-dev-eng] Where to add a colorspace conversion function for fbdev

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 21:24:51 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 23 September 2008, Gregoire Gentil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to optimize mplayer for an embedded platform which prefered
> color space is yuv422. Here is the current output of mplayer:
> http://pastebin.com/d3dd90aec I have the assembly colorspace conversion
> function yuv420_to_yuv422. Where should I patch to add this conversion?
> Should I do it directly in libvo/vo_fbdev.c or is there a better place
> to add colorspace conversion?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any hint,

As your platform is most likely using omapfb driver, you may want to try
this vo driver, there is a good chance that it will work fine with just
some minor tweaks:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/libvo/vo_nokia770.c?root=mplayer&view=markup

It uses the following mini-library (a simplified clone of libswscale) for
colorspace conversion and scaling:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/libswscale_nokia770/?root=mplayer

--
Best regards,