[MPlayer-dev-eng] MNG support for MPlayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Sep 16 22:23:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 09:36:42PM +0200, Stefan Schuermans wrote:
> I'm using the same code in the MNG demuxer now, but it does not work. Can
> somebody give me a tip regarding this or point me to the correct place in
> the documentation, please?

There is a hack in libmpdemux/video.c, around line 562 for gif and
matroska demuxers.
Note that the gcc-specific __attribute__ stuff without ifdefs etc. is
not acceptable, if in any way possible the code should compile with any
compiler that implements C99 (preferably it should also work with C89,
but that is not important).
Does libmng indeed require that you set the refresh callback even if it
is of no use for us (and the same for alloc and free, I would expect a
somewhat sanely designed library to provide defaults for cases that
probably 99% of users will want the same way)?
Is the seeking feature actually useful for you? It seems like a lot of
code for something that is likely to not work too well.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger