[MPlayer-dev-eng] MNG support for MPlayer

Stefan Schuermans stefan at blinkenarea.org
Mon Sep 15 15:44:56 CEST 2008

Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 11:42 +0200, Stefan Schuermans wrote:
>> MNG animations do not seem to be supported by MPlayer 1.0rc2. Because I
>> wanted to play back MNG animations using MPlayer, I tried to implement a
>> demuxer in libmpdemux using libmng 1.0.9 (on Debian etch).
>>
>> It worked out and I've been able to play the MNG animations using the
>> new demuxer. Perhaps the code is useful for other people, so I'm sending
>> the patchfile.
>
> Why does this demuxer have a hardcoded framerate? There is the settimer
> callback which I assume libmng uses to give the real point at which
> frame content changes. Why are you not using the values from that to
> determine when to return a frame?

MNG has got a variable framerate (1ms up to multiple seconds per frame)
and I thought the framerate in MPlayer is fixed once the demuxer has
been opened. With other words: I did not find out how to change the
interval after which MPlayer calls the fill_buffer callback. Can you
point me at some documentation regarding this or at another demuxer that
does that?