[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] build from a single ffmpeg subdirectory

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:53:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> Yes, you missed the part of my mail that reads:
>
>  still missing:
>  - an option for configure to pass options to FFmpeg's configure
>  - pass MPlayer's CFLAGS to FFmpeg's configure

Woops, I feel stupid for missing that.
One thing that I forgot to mention: currently, if MPlayer configure is
touched, you're strongly advised to re-run it. How will this change
with the new scheme, with one configure for MPlayer, one for FFmpeg?
Will you re-run FFmpeg's automatically in FFmpeg's subdir when it is
modified? That would mean that you'd hopefully decrease the time
required to recompile MPlayer in case only FFmpeg changes. That would
be neat!

>> In any case, I like the idea.
>
> Good.  I have some improvements in my local tree already.  I currently
> plan to commit this soonish after the next release (which we should do
> soon).

It's indeed long overdue.

Guillaume

--
One should not give up hope on imbeciles. With a little training, you
can make them into soldiers.