[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D OSD discussion

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Nov 28 21:08:16 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 09:49:31PM +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> I'm lost. Why don't we execute Clear only when OSD comes/goes out of
> view?

Plus whenever the OSD changes, before it changes (when it becomes
visible it is not a problem though).

> What's the difference if we do Clear each frame compared to not
> doing Clear each frame when we have OSD on the screen?

I don't understand what you ask here.
Anyway, my suggestion was to always call Clear when there is an OSD and
we are in fullscreen.
It seems like an acceptable compromise, compared to rendering the OSD
even the 5% you measured of the Clear should not matter much IMO...