[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D OSD discussion

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 20:49:31 CET 2008

I'm lost. Why don't we execute Clear only when OSD comes/goes out of
view? What's the difference if we do Clear each frame compared to not
doing Clear each frame when we have OSD on the screen? Clear *have*
negative performance effect on nVidia Geforce 7600GS - that's for
sure. When disabling v_sync and launching MPlayer with -benchmark
-nosound, Clear on each frame has about 20% penalty on my HW, which is
way too much for me.