[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D OSD discussion

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Nov 28 20:24:57 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 08:57:27PM +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> Oh, I remember - Clear was slow if done like every frame. Doing Clear
> once in a while doesn't hurt. But - don't call it TOO often...

Yes, that is what confuses me. I was proposing to call it every frame,
because it makes not difference in performance _at all_ (well,
definitely < 0.1 %) for me. I wonder why it is problematic for you.
Fixing the OSD would be a real pain without that change (well, I just
realize it is enough to "only" do
priv->is_clear_needed |= vo_fs;
in draw_osd inside the if (priv->is_osd_populated) - still than
means every frame when in fullscreen and OSD is shown).