[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D OSD discussion

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:56:23 CET 2008

> Casting pointers to int is still there.
> Also there is the issue that Clear needs to be called for fullscreen.
> I'd really suggest to call Clear always when in fullscreen mode, since
> it makes _no_ performance difference at all, neither under Linux/Wine
> with an Intel 945 nor on my desktop system, but Georgi said it caused
> issues for him...

Huh, what issues? I don't have any. If I wrote something like that, I
was probably drunk :) :) :)

No, really - right now we do a Clear in render_d3d_frame() when
priv->is_clear_needed is set. And it's set after each recalculation of
stretchrect's in/out rects (which includes going to/coming back from
fullscreen).