[MPlayer-dev-eng] update to the speedup patch

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Nov 22 17:01:09 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 03:20:07PM +0000, Jim Hauxwell wrote:
> I will wait till you put my last patch in svn so that the merge job
> doesn't get too bad.  I'll make a new patch off that baseline after that.

To everyone: please stop hiding your work!! This counts triple for
unfinished stuff or new features, there is so much to do there is _no_
way you can do it all, and if you keep them to yourselves nobody else
can either - even worse they might not have time when you finally
publish it, or someone else might decide to implement it (yay, two
people doing the same work instead of learning from each other!).
Really, open source can not work that way, and if you have serious
issues with the merging then try to find better ways to handle it (git,
stgit, quilt). Merging should not be and luckily most of the time is not a
real issue (large variable-renaming and other cosmetic changes
excluded).
And please find a way to reply that does not break threads - preferrably
by using a mailer that respects the RFCs and sets in-reply-to, or if
that is not possible by prepending a "Re: " to the subject line.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger