[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct 3D Windows VO

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Nov 12 08:20:48 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:26:44PM +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> I forgot - you don't need to have advanced HW like the latest Geforce.
> I don't use any shaders or stuff like that. I use only 2D surfaces, so
> any DirectX 7 compatible card and up (GeForce 256 I believe) should
> work just fine. The card just need to have the capability to create 2D
> YV12/YUY2 surface, which every video card since last 9 years I believe
> can do.

-vo gl:yuv=1 works with anything from GeForce 3 up, too. With YUY2 it would
probably even be possible to support the TNT2 (in the worst case halving
the horizontal resolution though).

> > Btw I seem to have problem with subtitles, but I'm not quite there yet :)

Can't you just submit what you have and deal with the subtitles later?
The larger the patch you submit is the longer it will take to get it
committed, and ASS subtitles support is likely to be a mess if you want good
performance.
Not to mention how _very_ much more painful it would be if the review
found any design flaws (probably unlikely but still).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger