[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer 1.0rc2 and ALSA 1.0.9, very slow (-nosound help)

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:28:04 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 5/29/08, Jason Zhang (SRC) <Jzhang at sunrisetelecom.com.cn> wrote:
> Thanks. I get 6000 result when google "PXA270 mplayer". At least I am not the only one using xscale :)

well, I'm not surprised: there's a fork of MPlayer called mplayer-w100
which had lots of things changed in the sourcecode to make it run well
on Zaurus PDAs.... but these modifications never made it to MPlayer's
"official" sourcebase since the author of mplayer-w100 never submitted
the patches.

I've been looking for a machine with an XScale on it for some time
already to do this, but no one offered any...

>  But could you give me some hint about where should I start for diagnose this problem? For example, which .c file should I
>  look at first in MPlayer.

probably  libao2/ao_alsa.c if the problem happens no matter the audio
_codec_, or maybe in libavcodec's audio decoders if the problem is
codec-related.

Guillaume
--
I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he
bounces when he hits bottom.