[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer 1.0rc2 and ALSA 1.0.9, very slow (-nosound help)

Jason Zhang (SRC) Jzhang at sunrisetelecom.com.cn
Thu May 29 15:46:24 CEST 2008

Hi All,
I am newbie about MPlayer. Although I have searched the internet carefully, I did'nt get the answer.
So If my question's answer is very obvious, I appologize first.

Environment:
PXA320,Linux 2.6.14
Audio driver is alsa 1.0.9 and MPlayer is 1.0rc2. The video device is fbdev (800*480, 16bits color depth)

Whatever media file I play, it's very very slow. It takes about 2-3 seconds to play one video frame.
When I add -nosound flag to mplayer, it looks good.

I get some information from mplayer's help:

"If you happen to have a bad audio driver, try the -autosync  option, it should sort out your problems."

But that does'nt help me, even set the -autosync to 300.

So I suspect my problem is the classic audio driver issue or not. Could you please help?

Thank you!