[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_gl PBO patch ..

Wed May 7 00:04:14 CEST 2008

Hi Reimar Döffinger!

 On 2008.05.06 at 21:53:59 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote next:

> > No, it doesn't. I applied it to the older version, though, not fresh
> > svn. (well svn has no changes in vo_gl).
>
> That's bad because I can not reproduce the problem so far.

Hm. Well, maybe you would be able to guess where the problem can lie?
Here are some interesting facts.

First, video height doesn't seem to produce problem - only width
matters. Resolutions not divisible by 32 are affected. When
width % 32 == 30 the picture is "skewed" slightly,
with width % 32 between 14-18 it's skewed a lot, but looks somewhat
clear. At other values distortion grows. Also the exact look of
distortion depends on video height.

Both chroma and luma are distorted, also they don't match each other
when any kind of distortion occurs. Funny, but osd and vobsubs, even
colored aren't affected at all!

I created a bunch of screenshots to show these effects by running
mplayer -vf test,scale=x:512, where x is from 638 to 672 (I paused
mplayer by hand, so source frames could be a bit different). Only even
values, since mplayer automatically increases width by 1 when odd value
is supplied. Also I made 670:1000 shot for comparison with 670:512 and
shot showing chroma/luma mismatch and subs.

You can download them at http://slil.ru/25764374 (1.6 mb).

--

Vladimir