[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_gl PBO patch ..

Tue May 6 21:11:24 CEST 2008

Hi Reimar Döffinger!

 On 2008.05.06 at 08:53:21 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote next:

> Oh, sorry, you are using a buggy version anyway.
> Try attached patch, I don't know if it will help though.

No, it doesn't. I applied it to the older version, though, not fresh
svn. (well svn has no changes in vo_gl).

> Also note that in latest SVN -vo gl supports -dr for B-frames (in
> MPEG2/4), which might help quite a bit if you have videos in that
> format.

Hmm.. Dunno why anybody would want -dr, I doubt it does anything useful
anyway. I used it when I had P1-166, but always turned it off since
that - the effect wasn't noticeable, the only thing I remember about -dr
is that it could make osd flicker under some conditions.
Also, wasn't it making gl output much slower (and producing some big fat
warning when used with gl vo? Don't observe it now though..)?

> +  if (force_pbo && !(mpi->flags & MP_IMGFLAG_DIRECT) && !gl_bufferptr[0] && get_image(&mpi2) == VO_TRUE) {

I assume you meant gl_bufferptr, since you can't dereference a void* ?

--

Vladimir