[MPlayer-dev-eng] pardus patches

Onur Küçük onur at delipenguen.net
Fri May 2 00:18:19 CEST 2008

 Hello,

> http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/devel/source/mplayer.html

 to be more precise you can use with web browser and svn
 http://svn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/devel/applications/multimedia/mplayer/

 for the "currently stable" branch
 http://svn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/2007/applications/multimedia/mplayer/

 for the "upcoming 2008" branch
 http://svn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/2008/applications/multimedia/mplayer/

> ping reimar and rxt and diego
> there are some vo/ao and demuxer patches
> also some locale/translation patches
> it would be nice if pardus would send these upstream.
> is ismail donmez still maintainer there ? i've cc'd ismail.

 Actually since the very begining I am the maintainer of MPlayer
package in Pardus, also sometimes committing to FFmpeg package (which
was maintained by İsmail) and lately maintaining  FFmpeg for Pardus
2008 since İsmail is busy these days with other stuff.

 Some of these patches are not made by me, but made their way to this
mailing list and did not get much attention.

 Some of them depend on "patched libav*" like eac3 support, so I did
not send here, I am just waiting for the changes to be committed to
FFmpeg (I know eac3 is about to be ready in FFmpeg but did not have
time to test it).

 A few are "working fine for the user but was rejected for the sake
of a better implementation" but the original author (sometimes me) had
not time to write that code, like the tta patch.

 From time to time I am sending my patches to this list and most of the
ones that got attention are already committed to svn. Gtk2 port of the
gui, aspect ratio fixes, locale related stuff etc. are first that
come to my mind. Some of the other patches clearly are not going to be
accepted (either packaging related or silencing some errors for gui) and
I did not send them.

 So, don't be confused by my mail address, Pardus "is" sending patches
to upstream :) Maybe sometimes not as fast as they could, since I am
overloaded with work (I am maintaining hundreds of packages, reviewing
even more, and also writing/maintaining some tools/technologies for the
distro) especially for the last few months.

 I have more patches that did not make their way to Pardus svn also,
which needs more investigation. In a few weeks I will have more time
to work on them and of course send to this list.

 Just thought I should clear things up.

 regards,
--
 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.delipenguen.net>                     but wisdom listens