[MPlayer-dev-eng] Start Volume for mplayer

rvm rvm3000 at ya.com
Thu May 1 23:29:17 CEST 2008

El Jueves, 1 de Mayo de 2008 12:53, The Wanderer escribió:
> Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I often receive request about the ability of setting start volume by
> > command line, this is useful if using frontend with salve mode
>
> What's wrong with '-af volume'?
>
> Not that a more explicit way of doing this would necessarily not be
> good, but it can certainly be done already...

I've never been able to use -af volume along with the volume slave command. If
I use -af volume=-200 to start silent, then the volume command doesn't work,
even if I set it to 100 there's no sound. I suppose there'll be a way to make
it work, but it's not obvious to me.

I find the -volume option from the patch much better. I can use the same value
I use for the slave command, and it's not required to use another filter
more.

Also, many slave commands have a direct equivalent for command line:
brightness, contrast, osd... why not volume?

--
rvm