[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPEG to S/PDIF passthrough

Ilkka Karvinen kartsan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 21:07:56 CET 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 21:34, you wrote:
> Ikka,
>
> I like to test if this MP3 decoding capability is also present on my
> Yamaha RX-V440
> Can you create some output samples:
> Command line options  -hwmp3 -ao pcm might create wav files with mp3
> encoded data in it
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Adrian

Ok, I upped file yle1_mp3_spdif.wav to incoming. It is just talking from local
radio. I played it with aplay and it worked. My amplifier shows MP3 sign
in the display when it recognises the format and of course you'll hear it
from the speakers.

Just to warn 3rd party: That wav file contains only MPEG frames so don't play
it if your hardware doesn't support ISO61937 MPEG decoding. It will sound
terrible :).

It is 44100kHz and I played it to my digital output which is connected to the
amplifier.

Let me know if it works.

Ilkka