[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer's rtsp DESCRIBE command

Ratin ratin3 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 23:41:49 CET 2008

Can somebody tell me why are there two subsequent request from mplayer
launched with the command mplayer rtsp://foo.bar/blah ? The requests seem to
be from different outgoing tcp ports but to the same destination port (554)

The usl is : DESCRIBE rtsp://foo.bar:554/blah and the other one is DESRIBE
rtsp://foo.bar/blah

For some reason it tears down the first TCP connection and sends the second
one. Initially I thought its timing out but I measured the time between the
request and response - its abt 200 millisec. Furthermore I tried to send the
response's Content-base to match the first url that was sent from the client
but the results are unchanged, it will tear down the first connection no
matter what.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Ratin