[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayers rtsp (live 555) DESCRIBE command

Ratin ratin3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 18:27:53 CET 2008

Somebody suggested to use gmane to post here but everytime I post via that,
the moderator disallows my post,
probably due to authentication problems. So anyways, I developed an RTSP
server and as I am testing it, I see
that the mplayer's RTSP client sends two DESCRIBE requests, one of the url
format :

rtsp://foo.bar:554/blah

and then again

rtsp://foo.bar/blah (without the port number).

But the ourgoing tcp port is different which results in a closure of the
first socket and re-SYN ing the tcp connection.
Can anybody tell me why it does it ? It happens even when a perfectly valid
reply goes out for the first response.

Thanks,

Ratin