[MPlayer-dev-eng] Add support for vorbis.acm

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Mon Mar 3 23:39:17 CET 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:24:59 +0800
"Zuxy Meng" <zuxy.meng at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quite a few people have problems like "Cannot find codec for audio
> format 0x6771." Such avi files turn out to have been encoded with an
> old codec whose binary and source can be found at
> http://svn.xiph.org/tags/vorbis/vorbisacm_20020708/.
>
> The attached patch enables mplayer to play at least some of them, like
> ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/avi/ogg/mode2_ogg.avi. But
> mode3_ogg.avi seems still broken.

mode2 works with your patch, mode3 and ogg.avi have garbled audio.
The Coyote Ugly sample works with ffvorbis and libvorbis, same for
mode1.

Can you confirm that this works for anything else than mode2 files?
Mode1 work without the patch (the avi demuxer takes care of that by
chaining the ogg demuxer, the only way to use it with the acm is to
force lavf demuxer so that the vorbis is not extracted from the ogg).
Mode3 does not work.
I have no samples for mode 1+, 2+ and 3+

Do you have any idea about how audio is stored in mode 2 and 3 (1 is
just ogg in avi)? Maybe it's not too difficult to support them natively
in the avi demuxer.

If there are no good reasons to do differently I'll add only mode1
and mode2 formats (i'll leave the others but i'll comment them out) and
change the codec status to working.

The acm will be added to the next release of the codec package at rc3;
if it's not happening in a reasonable timeframe remind me to release
them.

Unrelated to this, but I found it while testing: mode1_ogg.avi shows
some clicks in the first dialog with ffvorbis, but plays fine with
libvorbis: is it avparser-related or there is some other problem?

Ciao,
 Roberto

--
Better is the enemy of good enough.