[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] importing libdvdread from the dvdnav repository

vmrsss vmrsss at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:52:23 CEST 2008

On 14 Jun 2008, at 14:05, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il Saturday 07 June 2008 16:11:56 Diego Biurrun ha scritto:
>> On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 04:04:11PM +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:

>>> As long as it does not causes regressions (ie. you can still play an
>>> encrypted dvd with mplayer without the need of external libraries)
>>> I'm
>>> ok with it.
>>
>> Seconded.
>
> just compile libdvdread with  -DHAVE_DVDCSS_DVDCSS_H :)
> I had to do absolutely nothing

Can you explain how this is supposed to work? After following your
indications, mplayer doesn't run nor compile (actually already
configure fails) because dvdread lacks dvdcss; eg:

> dyld: Symbol not found: _dvdcss_interface_2
> Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libdvdread.4.dylib
> Expected in: flat namespace

do you need to add -ldvdcss to the output of dvdread-config --libs ?
Or perhaps speed up the static linking to "our" version of dvdcss? (I
assume you are referring to the libdvdcss directory in the mplayer
build tree, are you?)

Regards,
-vmrsss