[MPlayer-dev-eng] [bikeshed] Coding style

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Mon Jun 16 14:29:13 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> I do not like spaces, i like ommiting {} if and only if it does
> cost a extra line. 4 space indention, no tabs (or only tabs),
> switch&case on the same indention level, ...
>
> if(){
>     X;
> }else if(){
>     Y;
> }else
>     Z;

I find this harder to read for the {} but I'm fine with sparing lines.

> type var= value;
>
> type *var= value;

I guess that's a good compromise between

type *var=value;

and

type *var = value;

> switch(){
> case a:
>     aaa
>     break;
> case b:
>     bbb
>     break;
> }

I'm fine with it beside brackets.

> PS: and of course stuff vertically aligned where it helps readability. That
> is

Agreed.

if we get a 1/2 split on the bracket+spaces I'd go having just that
relaxed per file, the readability difference is negligible.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member