[MPlayer-dev-eng] Synchronization of players in LAN

J.A. Gutierrez spd at daphne.cps.unizar.es
Fri Jun 13 14:24:18 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 08:04:06PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> J.A. Gutierrez wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >

> > Long time ago, I started a quick and dirty patch to MPlayer so you
> > could have several mplayer instances running in sync on several
> > slave nodes in a LAN.
> >
> > Lately I have been working on this subject again, so now I have a
> > similar patch, but for MPlayer-1.0rc2.
>
> Patches should be A: submitted against the latest SVN version, not

	Sorry, I have made a new version for this version.
	http://persephone.cps.unizar.es/~spd/cmplayer/cave-mplayer-0.3.1.tgz

> against a released version, and B: submitted as attachments, not as a
> link to where the patch can be downloaded. See DOCS/tech/patches.txt for
> the patch submission rules.

	Well, I don't want this patch to be included in the standard
	mplayer source code, since is interesting only for a few persons,
	and since it can introduce security problems. It was
	more an announcement for an update on a project listed on
	"mplayer related miscellaneous projects".

	And it's more than a simple "patch", so I guess developers
	don't really want me to send the 12 KB tar.gz package as
	attachment.

--
PGP and other useless info at      \
http://webdiis.unizar.es/~spd/      \