[MPlayer-dev-eng] Commit rules and coexistence rules

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Jun 6 21:44:55 CEST 2008

On Friday, 06 June 2008 at 21:35, Benjamin Zores wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski a écrit :
> >> Sure, it's the best case scenario.
> >> But that's not a reason to drop a good candidate for leadership just
> >> because he can't code.
> >
> > Let me ask directly then: do you have such candidates? Even one?
>
> No, but I'm just refusing Michael's proposal.
> That just sounds weird: he asks for democracy but leader needs to have
> coding skills, hence only a minority is elligible.

Coding skills alone are not a good criterion. My proposal is: only
active maintainers of major parts of MPlayer should be eligible.
Any power should come with responsibility. I wouldn't trust anyone
who does not actively maintain a part of MPlayer to be the leader.
This also assures that such leaders will be respected by other
developers. Don't you agree?

Regards,
R.

--